London is one of the world’s top tourist destinations in England, attracting around 20 million travelers globally. The city is surrounded by vibrant art galleries, museums, musical concerts, fancy restaurants, a melting pot of cultures, and whatnot. The month of May is considered the best time to visit London when the temperature is mild, and you can plan a trip and book flight tickets because the city is a prominent tourist place, it is crowded by the travelers most of the time, so plan accordingly.
Here is a list of the five best places to visit in London
1. The Tower of London and Tower Bridge – It is one of the most iconic and spectacular buildings in London. The massive white tower was built in 1078 by William the Conqueror. Since summers are here, it is the best time to purchase an entry ticket to the tower and watch the Crown Jewels and Beefeater Tour.
It is impossible to compare the royalty and charm of the site, and hence, travelers must make their Alaska Airlines reservations and discover the remarkable beauty of the tower. Its top sights include The White Tower and the Line of Kings, The Jewel House, The Royal Mint, The Medieval Palace, The Bloody Tower, Chapel Royal of St. Peter ad Vincula, Tower Green, and The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum.
2. Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square – These are two of London’s well-known tourist spots that mark the getaway to Soho and entertainment theater. The circus is situated at the junction of five busy streets in the West including Piccadilly, Regent, Haymarket, and Shaftesbury Avenue. Trafalgar Square was built in the 19th century by an architect, John Nash. Here, you will find beautiful fountains, a National gallery dedicated to paintings of Leonardo da Vinci, Velazquez, and Piero Della Francesca.
While you are in London, don’t miss to be a part of some exciting tours such as Harry Potter walking tour, Night sightseeing tour, Private custom tour, Southbank or Westminster photography Tour, London vintage bus tour, Private guided and chauffeured Tour, London city tour hop on, Virtual guided tour, and so on.
See Here: Things To Do in New York
3. Hyde Park – The park is the most significant open space in London, a perfect destination for sightseers since day one. The park’s central attraction is Serpentine, a lake built in the 18th century popular for swimming and boating. Another place to not miss in the park is Apsley House, the former home of the first Duke of Wellington bought after his victory at Waterloo.
If you are on a family trip, don’t forget to take your kids to London Zoo, it’s a perfect picnic spot. There are a few other popular spots to explore around Hyde Park, such as London’s most famous Green Space, Kensington Palace and Gardens, The Wellington Museum, The Wellington Arch, The Albert Memorial, Speaker’s Corner, and The Serpentine Galleries.
4. The London Eye – It was built on the occasion of London’s millennium celebrations in 2000. Visitors can enjoy some amazing sites in London including Big Ben, The British Museum, Bucking Palace, Palace of Westminster, Westminster Abbey, The National Gallery, Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge, Central London, The Dungeons London, SEA LIFE Centre London Aquarium, Tate Modern, St. James’s Park, The Shard, and so on. Apart from these places, there is the Millennium Wheel which is also considered a famous spot. The London Eye is Europe’s tallest cantilevered observation wheel and one of the most famous paid tourist attractions in the United States.
5. The British Museum – Finding the best places to visit in London can be a little tricky but if you take a keen interest in history and ancient sites, this place has to be your favorite. The museum has one of the finest collections of antiquities and more than 13 million artifacts from the old times. Its famous collections contain Rosetta Stone, Parthenon Marbles, Sutton Hoo Mask and Ship Burial Collection, Egyptian Mummies, Enlightenment Gallery, Crouching Venus, Bust of Ramesses the Great, The Ife Head, Tree of Life, Akam Drum, Aztec Serpent, Artefacts from Mesopotamia, Sophilos Vase, The Parthenon Sculptures, Grayson Perry’s The Tomb of the Unknown Craftsman, Renaissance, and Medieval Objects, etc. You can plan your trip to the museum and make Lufthansa Booking from authentic sources.